Our greatest goal is to give you the healthy, straight, beautiful smile that you’ve always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel. Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure that your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible. Dr. Brown utilizes the latest technology, offering a variety of safe and gentle treatment options to give you the customized, individual care you deserve.
Every smile starts with an initial consultation!
Your initial consultation will give you the opportunity to meet our team, learn more about orthodontics, receive a complete initial exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your initial consultation, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Provide a complete oral exam, with X-rays, to determine whether treatment is necessary
- Help you create a customized treatment plan
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans
Our team will be glad to answer any questions you may have, and we will provide all of the information that you need to determine which treatment is right for you. Please contact our practice to schedule your initial consultation.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consist of x-rays, facial and intra-oral photographs, and study models as needed to aid in determining your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
- Additional retainers, including Invisalign Vivera retainers are available for purchase at an additional cost.
What happens after the initial consultation?
You’re one step closer to achieving the smile you’ve always wanted! After your consultation, we will schedule you for study records then schedule your appointment to start your treatment.. This appointment generally takes about an hour, and during this time our team will be available to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible.
Orthodontic visits range from four to ten weeks, based on your customized treatment plan, and are an important part of your orthodontic treatment. Our practice will work with you to make sure that your appointments are as convenient as possible. When scheduling appointments, please let us know what days and times work best for you.
We understand that “life happens”! If you’re running late or need to reschedule, please let us know and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. When you’re ready to schedule your first appointment, contact our practice and our friendly scheduling coordinator will assist you. We’re looking forward to working with you.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is very important that you continue to visit your family dentist once every six months, even during your orthodontic treatment, for teeth cleanings and routine dental checkups. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure that you are receiving the best care possible.